Sales Representative (M&S)-Lexington, KY Job
Date: Oct 2, 2013
Location: Lexington, KY, US
Job ID: 2013-20501
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 10/2/2013
Job Location: US-KY-Lexington
Position Type: Regular Full Time
About this Job
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
Pearson Education is the leader in publishing for the higher education market. We have an excellent opportunity available for a College Publishing Sales Representative to begin an exciting career in the dynamic world of educational publishing. A qualified candidate will reside in the Lexington, KY area to cover this territory.
At Pearson, sales representatives work on local college campuses developing relations w/ faculty members and bookstore personnel selling educational resources including print and online assessment materials. In addition, our sales representatives also communicate closely with our marketing and editorial teams in developing new projects for publishing in national and local markets as well as driving sales of all existing products.
We are looking for talented salespeople to engage our customers and help us to continue to grow the business, connecting professors in the territory with our products. Specifically, the disciplines that our sales reps focus on include math and science.
What this opportunity offers:
- Generous base salary plus an uncapped annual bonus, based on sales performance.
- Extensive on the job training
- Fully maintained company car and all travel expenses
- Excellent benefits package including full medical/dental/vision coverage.
- Outstanding opportunities for advancement into sales management, technology management, marketing or editorial within the US as well as internationally.
Most importantly, this job offers you the opportunity to manage a territory like it’s your own business. You’ll learn aspects of marketing, retail, customer development and the business cycle and be directly compensated for your success. Interested applicants who are organized, competitive and ambitious should email their cover letter and resume.
Please visit www.pearson.com to learn more about this amazing company and its products for the higher education market.
Successful candidates for the position must demonstrate:
- Academic excellence; including a BA/BS preferred
- Evidence of top achievement in several aspects of your educational, extracurricular or professional background
- 1-4 yrs successful sales or other professional work experience helpful, but not mandatory
- Motivation: the drive to achieve beyond what is expected daily
- Technological proficiency in regards to being able to present and demonstrate software programs
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and interpersonal communication.
- Valid driver's license & good driving record
Nearest Major Market: Lexington
Job Segments: Publishing Sales, Sales, Retail Sales, Sales Rep, Publishing, Retail