Sales Representative (M&S)-Based in our Boston office Job
Date: May 20, 2013
Location: Boston, MA, US
Job ID: 2012-11698
# of Positions: 3
Posted Date: 5/6/2013
Job Location: US-MA-Boston
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
We have a highly coveted Inside Sales Representative position available. This position will be based out of our corporate office in Boston with occasional travel required.
Our Inside Sales team is responsible for the sale of technology solutions, textbooks, and other learning aids to professors and academic bookstores in a territory comprised of 2 and 4 year colleges and universities. In addition, they also communicate closely with our marketing and editorial teams to develop new projects for publishing in national and local markets as well as driving sales of all existing products while maintaining relationships with faculty members, Deans and administration, and college bookstore personnel.
Successful candidates for the position should demonstrate the following:
- Academic Excellence: strong academic performance and a 4-year degree preferred
- High Achievement: recognition for excelling in a college and work environment
- Sales Experience or Aptitude: enthusiasm for the process of investigating, creating and fulfilling customers' needs
- Motivation: the drive to achieve beyond what is expected
- Interest in Publishing and Communication: experience or curiosity about the development of traditional and technology based intellectual property
Compensation and Benefits:
- Extremely competitive starting base salary based on experience
- Aggressive bonus structure based on performance (no cap on bonus!)
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid vacation, holiday, personal and sick time
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible spending accounts
- The opportunity to develop your career with the industry leader, advancing into sales management, marketing management or editorial
- Degree from a 4-year college with proven academic success
- Strong ability to develop rapport, overcome objections and persuade
- Superior verbal, written and phone-based communication skills
- Self-starter who works independently and productively with a positive attitude
- Confident communicator with a great phone personality and active listening skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, persistent and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience presenting software over the phone via technology such as WebEx or Clearslide
- Successful sales experience or publishing experience a plus.
If you're passionate about education, competitive and have a strong desire for achievement, then you might find a career in College Publishing to be a perfect fit. If you're interested in changing the way the world learns, then we'd like to meet you.
Please feel free to visit us at: www.pearson.com, www.pearsoned.com and www.pearsonhighered.com.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segments: Publishing Sales, Sales, Sales Rep, Telemarketing, Inside Sales